We are currently seeking a Receptionist and a Litigation Advocate to join our team.
- Greeting clients and visitors and answering visitor enquiries
- Answering and routing incoming calls through a switchboard
- Maintaining and scheduling conference rooms
- Maintaining the waiting area, lobby or other public areas
- Serving coffee or tea to guests
- Ordering supplies
- Scanning, photocopying, faxing and filing documents
- Assisting with collecting and routing mail and hand-delivered packages
- Verifying employee identification and issuing visitor passes
- Administrative duties as and when required
- Setting up meeting facilities
- Arranging for catering for meetings and daily office use
- Maintaining front door security and opening office in the morning
Experience and Education
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- A minimum of Grade C or above in English & Maths GCSE or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills to communicate with senior level advocates, partners, clients, opposing counsel, vendors, staff, and others
- Excellent telephone and communication skills
- Organised and friendly
- Strong spelling and grammar skills are important in taking effective messages
- Familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Respect for confidentiality and discretion
- Attention to detail
- Positive, upbeat attitude
- Patience in dealing with difficult visitors
- Able to work individually and as part of a team
Please contact Cathy Morley on firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this position.
Simcocks Advocates Limited is seeking an experienced Litigation Advocate to join its fast-paced Dispute Resolution team.
The Dispute Resolution department at Simcocks has a track record of achievement in high-stakes disputes, and its technical expertise and tactical skills generate many complex referrals.
ABOUT THE JOB
The successful candidate will undertake a wide and interesting range of work. The role would appeal to an Advocate looking to have a combination of their own caseload and work together with other members of the practice.
Candidates applying for this position must be Manx Bar Qualified and have general Common Law and Chancery experience along with Civil Litigation experience. The position would suit an Advocate of at least 3 years PQE, who is able to work to a high standard, have excellent communication skills, and have a positive and team-working approach.
Although this is a full time position, consideration would be given to applicants seeking more flexible hours.
Advocates with more experience are also welcome to apply, or call for more information.
If interested please contact Chris Arrowsmith in confidence on 690301 or email email@example.com
Direct applications only, no agencies please.