Simcocks has a number of experienced Isle of Man notaries who are able to offer the full range of Notarial services. We are used to working to the tightest of deadlines and are able to offer an express service and out of office attendances.
The primary role of the Notary Public is to certify documents for use outside the Isle of Man, in order to verify or prove their authenticity for the purposes of foreign courts, registries, public authorities or other notaries. We certify documents for use in all jurisdictions.
Isle of Man notaries
Simcocks’ services include:
- Our Isle of Man notaries are authorised to administer oaths and take declarations. Simcocks can advise on the correct form of an affidavit or statutory declaration for particular purposes, and if necessary, draw them up for our clients
- Arrange for documents to be apostilled
- Certify authenticity of documents and signatures
- Preparing certificates of incumbency.
Our fees are very competitive because we believe in providing a service that adds value as well as being cost effective to the client.
Identification of signatories is an essential part of Notarial practice. The Isle of Man is a highly regulated and respected jurisdiction. To maintain its internationally acclaimed reputation there are compulsory checks which Notaries have to make. In the case of private clients this means you will have to show the Notary some personal documentation including:
- Current passport
- Photo-card driving licence
- Proof of address – utility bill.
For business clients, notaries will (in addition to checking your personal identity) need to establish that the company or organisation which you represent actually exists and in many cases that you are authorised to represent that company or organisation.
Only a person licensed as a Notary Public under the Advocates Act 1995 or admitted as a Commissioner for Oaths under the Commissioners for Oaths Act 1962 (as applicable) may provide these services in the Isle of Man.