He has advised companies in relation to Isle of Man aspects of corporate activity such as mergers and takeovers and listings, including in relation to associated pensions implications. He regularly advises professional trustees in relation to all aspects of trust administration.
Prior to joining Simcocks he worked with Coopers & Lybrand Isle of Man (primarily its fiduciary business Abacus Trust Company Limited) as in-house counsel for 12 years, and previously worked in Dublin with the Insurance Corporation of Ireland PLC as a technical insurance specialist in marine and aviation claims.
Commissioner for Oaths
- Admitted Isle of Man 2009
- Called to the Bar of Ireland 1993
- Associate of the Chartered Insurance Institute (1988)
- King’s Inns, Dublin (1993)
- M.Sc. International Banking and Finance, Liverpool John Moores University (2005)
- Bar of Ireland (non-practising)
- Isle of Man Law Society
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- Board Member STEP Isle of Man
- Co chair of STEP Isle of Man’s Technical Sub Committee