Simcocks’ banking and finance team advises banks, financial institutions and corporates on all areas of finance including general bank lending, project finance, property finance, acquisition finance, asset securitisation and structured finance. We are the first port of call for many financial institutions, both locally and internationally.
Many of the world’s leading financial institutions conduct business in the Isle of Man and our knowledge and experience enables us to advise them in respect of all areas of their operations. Our clients range from domestic banking operations to global financial institutions. We provide quick, commercially focused advice to enable transactions to complete without delay
The depth and range of our Isle of Man advocates’ expertise and experience generates many complex referrals and we are regularly instructed by Magic Circle and Silver-Circle firms. The group is strong on litigation support as well as transnational, restructuring and complex advisory work.
Our borrower clients operate in a diverse range of industries, including heavily regulated sectors and our lender clients include banks, insurance companies, funds and other financial institutions.
The team provide advice on:
- The establishment and licensing of banks licensed in the Isle of Man
- Regulatory and compliance issues encountered by Isle of Man licensed banks
- Acquisition, project and asset finance transactions, syndicated loans and other domestic and international financing transactions
- Securitisations and derivative products
- Syndicated letter-of-credit facilities in support of insurance/reinsurance and capital market liability
- Onshore lending secured by a portfolio of securities offshore with or without custodial obligations
- Reviewing terms/conditions of facility and security documentation
- Registration requirements in the Isle of Man
- Restructuring and change of control of Isle of Man licensed banks
- Isle of Man Legal Opinions
Our Manx advocates in the banking and finance department have strong relationships with the regulatory authorities in the Isle of Man. We play an active role in maintaining the Isle of Man’s position as a leading international finance centre.